*Shocker, sometimes family life gets in the way of blogging!
If we are running a bit late one Sunday, please forgive us. We'll be up as soon as we can.*
Every other Sunday, Danielle from Someone's Mum and I will be running the #SpectrumSunday linky, the place to share your special educational needs and disabilities posts.
Originally conceived by Claire at Son's, Sand and Sauvignon following a long battle for her son's ASD diagnosis, Clare is now busy with her new wedding site, Confetti Ave. This means that Spectrum Sunday has gained Danielle and I as two new co-hosts.
The new linky will be running once a fortnight, alternating hosting. We really want to make sure that everyone with a post gets to link up and so we will keep the linky open for 13 days - Sunday until the Saturday nearly two weeks later.
The linky is to all special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and mental health posts. Clare started this linky as a way to reach out to other autism parents and avoid isolation – and this sentiment that could apply to many. Indeed, we are interested in any posts, from parents or otherwise, that raise awareness of special needs and mental health issues. We want to grow the community further and open it up to other friends we have made connections with on our blogging and special needs journeys.
- The linky will run from 7am Sunday to 7am the Saturday 13 days afterwards, allowing everyone to link up get a wide range of posts now the linky is fortnightly.
- Please be kind and add our linky badge to the bottom of your post/s (just copy and paste the code below)
- Up to two posts per person, old or new
- Please comment on both host posts (but only if you are interested in them!)
- Then comment on the post before yours and more if you can!
- Please make sure comments are thoughtful and valuable - this subject is incredibly emotive and we all handle our daily struggle differently so kind and supportive messages only please.
- If you feel someone has been commenting negatively please let us know, and we will get in touch with them on your behalf.
- The host for that week will comment on every post.
- If you add the hashtag #spectrumsunday to your tweets, we will retweet for you!
- Each week we will pick a post or two that has really touched us, and we will be share on our Facebook pages and link to on our blogs. You can find our pages here: Someone's Mum Facebook and Rainbows are too beautiful Facbook
- Someone's Mum on Twitter
- Someone's Mum on Instagram
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Twitter
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Instagram
We are really looking forward to reading your posts. Come link up with us on Sunday! When the next linky is live it will be available here below. If it's near the middle of the month, it might be over on Someone's Mum.